The P-I Zone is located in North West Delhi. The total area of the zone is 9,866 hectares of which 7,365 can be developed. The remaining 2,501 hectares is under the green belt as per MPD 2021 land use plan. It is proposed for a population of 16.2 lakh including that of the existing settlements. The existing railway line has been proposed as the major mass transit movement corridor for this zone. The residential areas are proposed to be located on both sides of the railway line within a distance of 3-4 Kms. An integrated system of green linkages and circulation network will connect residential areas with work centres and various social cultural facilities. Residential land use shall make up 42.98% of the total land area for P-I Zone and when fully developed will provide housing facilities to over 3.6 Lakh families from all socio-economic backgrounds.
- Situated in North West Delhi in the Narela Urban Extension project.
- A large park and playfield along with community centre will form a nucleus of each community, accessible by pedestrian and cycle tracks.
- A number of education and entertainment amenities including a University Centre (1 No), Medical College (2 Nos.), Divisional Sports Centre (1 No), District Sport Centre (3 Nos.), International Exhibition cum Fair Ground (1 No), District Jail (1 No).
- A National Science Park of 4 hectares has also been proposed near Kuraini as a major component to strengthen the overall attractiveness of the sub-city.
- The Integrated Freight Complex (IFC) covering an area of 392 hectares accommodates the wholesale trade, district centre, metropolitan transport centre and ISBT, which form the focal point of the zone. The already existing Narela Udyog Vihar covers 247 hectares. Another major industrial area is proposed at Bawana accommodating 20,000 industrial plots.
- MPD 2021 anticipates a work force of about 6.2 Lakh with the IFC acting as a major source of employment, particularly white-collared jobs.
- An integrated Government office complex has been proposed in Sector B-3 (16 ha.) which will comprise the offices of GNCTD / local bodies district court etc.
- The zone offers easy access to all central parts of Delhi and surrounding areas via the UER I, II and III connecting with NH-1, NH-10 (Rohtak Road) and NH-8 intersecting at Narela, Rohini and Dwarka. Not to mention just 20 mins drive to the Airport, 30 minutes to Gurgaon and 40 minutes to Noida.